Thursday, September 13, 2012

StuckOnUSketches August 31

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog,
I have a lot of new friends that I know have been coming over and having a little look at what I do, so welcome to the new and the old and I hope you are having a great week.
Well its nearly the end again on the StuckOnUSketch Challenge from the 31st August to September 13th so I thought I had better get my skates on and post this layout that I have made.
Before I do thanks again to the Design Team for picking my layout in the
 Top 3 for the last challenge August 17th.
Here is the sketch

I think I get my craftiness from my Dad he is always making something or another and this is a layout of just some of the little house or cottages that he makes.
He makes all of this himself even the little bricks are all pieced together, he is very clever and I have my eye on one of these for my back deck although I am not sure if I will get it they seem to have found there spot in his garden. 

As you can see I turned my page around 
I love the details of the Cheery Lynn Dies and the one that I have used behind the watch is only the middle of the Notre Dame Cathedral Doily DL 224.
Notre Dame Cathedral Doily with Angel Wings
As you can see this one comes with two sizes of Angle Wings which fir perfectly behind the Doily, This one was so easy to cut and just all the pieces just fell away and I just trimmed it to fit the wing.
Then we have the Celtic Whimsy B 203 Border Die and although it doesn't come with the background wings I have just cut very close to the edge to make my own.
I have linked the dies back to Scrappy-go-Lucky where Mandy has a huge range to choose from.

Just thought I would add a little picture of a new Baby Girl added to our Family her name is Kaeleigh she was born on the 12/09/12 and weighed 3080g or 6lb 13oz, 54cm

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week
Shelley


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on the sketch and such a sweet baby. Thanks for joining us a SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, your Dad makes these wee houses! They are beautiful, and I can see the amount of detail that is involved. He is indeed a clever man. Your layout showcases them beautifully Shelley. Love the clock and the Cheery Lynn dies are wonderful. Great to see you again at SOUS... Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Shelley, your dads houses are adorable!! and your layout looks wonderful... and welcome to this gorgeous little girl.. and almost the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, What a beautiful layout for these amazing photos!! Your dad is very creative!! Thanks for joining us over at SOUS!! We have a new sketch up tomorrow and would love to see you again!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete